|Part 1||Conveyances by Deceased Persons||66-4-101 – 66-4-105|
|Part 2||Champertous Sales||66-4-201 – 66-4-205|
|Part 3||Loans by Nonprofit Lenders||66-4-301|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 66 > Chapter 4
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Handgun: means any firearm with a barrel length of less than twelve inches (12") that is designed, made or adapted to be fired with one (1) hand. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Material: means the statement, irrespective of its admissibility under the rules of evidence, could have affected the course or outcome of the official proceeding. See Tennessee Code 39-16-701
- Oath: means a solemn and formal undertaking to tell the truth and includes an equivalent affirmation permitted by law as a substitute for an oath administered by a person authorized by law to take statements under oath. See Tennessee Code 39-16-701
- Official proceeding: means any type of administrative, executive, judicial, or legislative proceeding that is conducted before a public servant authorized by law to take statements under oath in that proceeding. See Tennessee Code 39-16-701
- Person: includes the singular and the plural and means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, copartnership, association, corporation, governmental subdivision or agency, or other organization or other legal entity, or any agent or servant thereof. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Statement: means any representation of fact. See Tennessee Code 39-16-701