Texas Agriculture Code 12A.002 – Cease and Desist Order
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
(a) If it appears to the commissioner that a person who is not licensed by the department is violating a statute or rule that requires the person to hold a license issued by the department or a statute or rule relating to an activity regulated by the department, the commissioner after notice and opportunity for a hearing may issue a cease and desist order prohibiting the person from engaging in the activity.
(b) A violation of an order under this section constitutes grounds for imposing an administrative penalty.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 12A.002
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.