Texas Agriculture Code 12A.003 – Risk-Based Inspections
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 12A.003
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
For each person licensed or regulated by the department that the department may inspect:
(1) the department may conduct additional inspections based on a schedule of risk-based inspections using the following criteria:
(A) the type and nature of the person;
(B) whether there has been a prior violation by the person;
(C) the inspection history of the person;
(D) any history of complaints involving the person; and
(E) any other risk-based factor identified by the department; and
(2) the department may waive any inspection requirement under law if an emergency arises or to accommodate complaint investigation or risk-based inspection schedules.