(a) In order to obtain a certificate to transact business, a person must apply in writing to the county clerk of the county in which the warehouse is to be operated. The application must state the name and location of the warehouse and:
(1) the name of each person with an interest as owner or principal in the warehouse; or
(2) if a corporation owns or manages the warehouse, the name of the president, secretary, and treasurer of the corporation.
(b) The clerk shall issue the certificate and retain for county records a copy of the application.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 14A.003
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005