Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 19.002
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
In this chapter:
(1) “Advisory council” means the citrus budwood advisory council.
(1-a) “Asian citrus psyllid” has the meaning assigned by Section 80.003.
(2) “Certified citrus budwood” means citrus budwood that meets standards required by the department for assurance of type of citrus variety and for freedom from dangerous pathogens.
(2-a) “Certified citrus nursery” means a nursery that meets standards required by the department for production of citrus nursery stock free from pests of citrus.
(2-b) “Certified citrus nursery stock” means citrus nursery stock propagated from cuttings or by budding, grafting, or air-layering and grown from certified citrus budwood that meets standards required by the department for assurance of type of citrus variety and for freedom from dangerous pathogens.
(3) “Citrus budwood” means a portion of a stem or branch of a citrus tree containing buds used in propagation from cuttings or by budding or grafting.
(4) “Citrus grower” means a citrus producer growing and producing citrus nursery stock for commercial or retail marketing purposes.
(5) “Citrus nursery” means a producer of citrus trees propagated from cuttings or through the budding or grafting of citrus trees using certified citrus budwood.
(5-a) “Citrus nursery stock” means citrus plants to be used in a commercial or noncommercial setting.
(6) “Foundation grove” means a grove containing parent trees from which certified citrus budwood is obtained.