(a) The commissioner shall appoint the advisory council. The advisory council is composed of seven members, including:
(1) one member representing the department;
(2) one member representing The Texas A&M University-Kingsville Citrus Center at Weslaco;
(3) two members representing the citrus nursery industry;
(4) two members representing citrus growers; and
(5) one member having specialized knowledge in citrus diseases and pests.
(b) A member serves a two-year term and may be reappointed.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 19.005
(c) Members of the advisory council are not eligible for reimbursement of expenses arising from service on the advisory council.