Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 59 > Subchapter A – General Provisions
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 59 > Subchapter A - General Provisions
- Arraignment: A proceeding in which an individual who is accused of committing a crime is brought into court, told of the charges, and asked to plead guilty or not guilty.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.