(a) In this chapter:
(1) “Beneficiary” means a person who receives real property under a transfer on death deed.
(2) “Designated beneficiary” means a person designated to receive real property in a transfer on death deed.
(3) “Joint owner with right of survivorship” or “joint owner” means an individual who owns real property concurrently with one or more other individuals with a right of survivorship. The term does not include a tenant in common or an owner of community property with or without a right of survivorship.
(4) “Person” has the meaning assigned by Section 311.005, Government Code.
(5) “Real property” means an interest in real property located in this state.
(6) “Transfer on death deed” means a deed authorized under this chapter and does not refer to any other deed that transfers an interest in real property on the death of an individual.
(7) “Transferor” means an individual who makes a transfer on death deed.
(b) In this chapter, the terms “cancel” and “revoke” are synonymous.
Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 114.002
- Person: includes a natural person and a corporation. See Texas Estates Code 113.253
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Real property: includes estates and interests in land, whether corporeal or incorporeal or legal or equitable. See Texas Estates Code 114.003