Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 22.010
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Person: includes a natural person and a corporation. See Texas Estates Code 22.027
- Will: includes :
(1) a codicil; and
(2) a testamentary instrument that merely:
(A) appoints an executor or guardian;
(B) directs how property may not be disposed of; or
(C) revokes another will. See Texas Estates Code 22.034
“Distributee” means a person who is entitled to a part of the estate of a decedent under a lawful will or the statutes of descent and distribution.