Texas Finance Code Chapter 393 > Subchapter A – General Provisions
Terms Used In Texas Finance Code Chapter 393 > Subchapter A - General Provisions
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005