(a) The department, based on the recommendation of the Board for Evaluation of Interpreters, may revoke or suspend a certificate or place a certificate holder on probation for a violation of a statute, rule, or policy of the department. If a certificate holder is placed on probation, the department may require the practitioner:
(1) to report regularly to the department on matters that are the basis of the probation;
(2) to limit practice to those areas prescribed by the department; or
(3) to continue or renew professional education until a satisfactory degree of skill has been attained in those areas that are the basis of the probation.
(b) If the department proposes to suspend or revoke a certificate or place a certificate holder on probation, the certificate holder is entitled to a hearing before the department or a hearings officer appointed by the department. All final decisions to suspend or revoke a certificate or place a certificate holder on probation shall be made by the department.
Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code 81.0072
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.