|Subchapter A||General Provisions||1052.003 – 1052.005|
|Subchapter B||Board Powers and Duties||1052.054 – 1052.056|
|Subchapter D||Registration Requirements||1052.151 – 1052.155|
|Subchapter F||Disciplinary Procedures||1052.251 – 1052.252|
Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1052 - Landscape Architects
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.