Texas Occupations Code Chapter 53 > Subchapter C – Notice and Review of Suspension, Revocation, or Denial of License
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 53.052||Judicial Review|
Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code Chapter 53 > Subchapter C - Notice and Review of Suspension, Revocation, or Denial of License
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005