|Subchapter A||Big Bend National Park||23.001 – 23.002|
|Subchapter B||Padre Island National Seashore||23.011 – 23.016|
|Subchapter C||Guadalupe Mountains National Park||23.031 – 23.034|
|Subchapter D||Federal Lands||23.041 – 23.044|
Terms Used In Texas Parks and Wildlife Code Chapter 23
- Accommodation: means any apartment, condominium or cooperative unit, hotel or motel room, cabin, lodge, or other private or commercial structure that:
(A) is affixed to real property;
(B) is designed for occupancy or use by one or more individuals; and
(C) is part of a timeshare plan. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Advertisement: means any written, oral, or electronic communication that is directed to or targeted at individuals in this state and contains a promotion, inducement, or offer to sell a timeshare interest, including a promotion, inducement, or offer to sell:
(A) contained in a brochure, pamphlet, or radio or television transcript;
(B) communicated by electronic media or telephone; or
(C) solicited through direct mail. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Association: means a council or association composed of all persons who have purchased a timeshare interest. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Commission: means the Texas Real Estate Commission. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Developer: means :
(A) any person, excluding a sales agent, who creates a timeshare plan or is in the business of selling timeshare interests or employs a sales agent to sell timeshare interests; or
(B) any person who succeeds in the developer's interest by sale, lease, assignment, mortgage, or other transfer if the person:
(i) offers at least 12 timeshare interests in a particular timeshare plan; and
(ii) is in the business of selling timeshare interests or employs a sales agent to sell timeshare interests. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- disposition: means a voluntary transfer of any legal or equitable timeshare interest but does not include the transfer or release of a real estate lien or of a security interest. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Escrow agent: means a bonded escrow company, a financial institution whose accounts are insured by a governmental agency or instrumentality, or an attorney or title insurance agent licensed in this state who is responsible for the receipt and disbursement of funds in accordance with this chapter. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Exchange company: means any person who owns or operates an exchange program. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Exchange disclosure statement: means a written statement that includes the information required by Section Texas Property Code 221.002
- Exchange program: means any method, arrangement, or procedure for the voluntary exchange of timeshare interests among purchasers or owners. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Managing entity: means the person responsible for operating and maintaining a timeshare property. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Multisite timeshare plan: means a plan in which a timeshare purchaser has:
(A) a specific timeshare interest, which is the right to use and occupy accommodations at a specific timeshare property and the right to use and occupy accommodations at one or more other component sites created by or acquired solely through the reservation system of the timeshare plan; or
(B) a nonspecific timeshare interest, which is the right to use and occupy accommodations at more than one component site created by or acquired solely through the reservation system of the timeshare plan but which does not include a right to use and occupy a particular accommodation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- offer: means any advertisement, inducement, or solicitation and includes any attempt to encourage a person to purchase a timeshare interest other than as a security for an obligation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Promotion: means any program, activity, contest, or gift, prize, or other item of value used to induce any person to attend a timeshare sales presentation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Purchaser: means any person, other than a developer, who by means of a voluntary transfer acquires a legal or equitable interest in a timeshare interest other than as a security for an obligation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Signature: includes the mark of a person unable to write, and "subscribe" includes the making of such a mark. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Single-site timeshare plan: means a timeshare plan in which a timeshare purchaser's right to use and occupy accommodations is limited to a single timeshare property. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- sworn: includes affirm or affirmed. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Timeshare disclosure statement: means a written statement that includes the information required by Section Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare interest: means a timeshare estate or timeshare use. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare period: means the period within which the purchaser of a timeshare interest is entitled to the exclusive possession, occupancy, and use of an accommodation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare plan: means any arrangement, plan, scheme, or similar method, excluding an exchange program but including a membership agreement, sale, lease, deed, license, or right-to-use agreement, by which a purchaser, in exchange for consideration, receives an ownership right in or the right to use accommodations for a period of time less than a year during a given year, but not necessarily consecutive years. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare property: means :
(A) one or more accommodations and any related amenities subject to the same timeshare instrument; and
(B) any other property or property rights appurtenant to the accommodations and amenities. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Week: means seven consecutive days. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Wild: when used in reference to an animal, means a species, including each individual of a species, that normally lives in a state of nature and is not ordinarily domesticated. See Texas Parks and Wildlife Code 1.101