Utah Code > Title 53B > Chapter 25 – Internet Postsecondary Institution Privacy Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Part 1||General Provisions||53B-25-101 – 53B-25-102|
|Part 2||Prohibited and Permitted Activities||53B-25-201 – 53B-25-203|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 53B > Chapter 25 - Internet Postsecondary Institution Privacy Act
- Administrator: means the same as that term is defined in Subsection (182). See Utah Code 31A-1-301
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Creditor: means a person, including an insured, having a claim, whether:
(a) matured; (b) unmatured; (c) liquidated; (d) unliquidated; (e) secured; (f) unsecured; (g) absolute; (h) fixed; or (i) contingent. See Utah Code 31A-1-301
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: includes :
(a) an individual; (b) a partnership; (c) a corporation; (d) an incorporated or unincorporated association; (e) a joint stock company; (f) a trust; (g) a limited liability company; (h) a reciprocal; (i) a syndicate; or (j) another similar entity or combination of entities acting in concert. See Utah Code 31A-1-301
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Postsecondary institution: means an institution that provides educational services offered primarily to persons who have completed or terminated their secondary or high school education or who are beyond the age of compulsory school attendance. See Utah Code 53B-25-102
- Sell: means to exchange a contract of insurance:
(a) by any means; (b) for money or its equivalent; and (c) on behalf of an insurance company. See Utah Code 31A-1-301
- Writing: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5