|§ 63G-3-501||Administrative Rules Review and General Oversight Committee|
|§ 63G-3-502||Legislative reauthorization of agency rules — Extension of rules by governor|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 63G > Chapter 3 > Part 5 - Legislative Oversight
- Agency: means each state board, authority, commission, institution, department, division, officer, or other state government entity other than the Legislature, its committees, the political subdivisions of the state, or the courts, which is authorized or required by law to make rules, adjudicate, grant or withhold licenses, grant or withhold relief from legal obligations, or perform other similar actions or duties delegated by law. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bulletin: means the Utah State Bulletin. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Office: means the Office of Administrative Rules created in Section 63G-3-401. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Order: means an agency action that determines the legal rights, duties, privileges, immunities, or other interests of one or more specific persons, but not a class of persons. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or public or private organization of any character other than an agency. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Rule: includes the amendment or repeal of an existing rule. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.