Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 63G > Chapter 7 > Part 4
- Administrator: includes "executor" when the subject matter justifies the use. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Claim: means any asserted demand for or cause of action for money or damages, whether arising under the common law, under state constitutional provisions, or under state statutes, against a governmental entity or against an employee in the employee's personal capacity. See Utah Code 63G-7-102
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Employee: includes :
(i) a governmental entity's officers, employees, servants, trustees, or commissioners; (ii) members of a governing body; (iii) members of a government entity board; (iv) members of a government entity commission; (v) members of an advisory body, officers, and employees of a Children's Justice Center created in accordance with Section 67-5b-102; (vi) student teachers holding a license issued by the State Board of Education; (vii) educational aides; (viii) students engaged in internships under Section 53B-16-402 or 53G-7-902; (ix) volunteers as defined by Subsection 67-20-2(3); and (x) tutors. See Utah Code 63G-7-102
- Governmental entity: means the state and its political subdivisions as both are defined in this section. See Utah Code 63G-7-102
- Guardian: includes a person who:Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Injury: means death, injury to a person, damage to or loss of property, or any other injury that a person may suffer to the person or estate, that would be actionable if inflicted by a private person or the private person's agent. See Utah Code 63G-7-102
- Person: means :Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- State: means the state of Utah, and includes each office, department, division, agency, authority, commission, board, institution, hospital, college, university, Children's Justice Center, or other instrumentality of the state. See Utah Code 63G-7-102
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Writing: includes :Utah Code 48-2e-1156