Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 77 > Chapter 16b
- Administrator: includes "executor" when the subject matter justifies the use. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Board: means the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board created in Section 53-7-304. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- City: includes , depending on population, a metro township as defined in Section 10-3c-102. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Container: means any vessel, including cylinders, tanks, portable tanks, and cargo tanks used for transporting or storing liquefied petroleum gases, except containers subject to regulation and inspection by the Department of Transportation and under federal laws or regulations. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Correctional facility: means :
(a) a county jail; (b) a secure correctional facility as defined by Section 64-13-1; or (c) a secure facility as defined by Section 62A-7-101. See Utah Code 77-16b-102
- Correctional facility administrator: means :
(a) a county sheriff in charge of a county jail; (b) a designee of the executive director of the Utah Department of Corrections; or (c) a designee of the director of the Division of Juvenile Justice Services. See Utah Code 77-16b-102
- Department: means the Department of Public Safety created in Section 53-1-103. See Utah Code 53-1-102
- Division: means the State Fire Marshal Division created in Section 53-7-103. See Utah Code 53-7-102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Installer: means any person who has satisfactorily passed an examination under the supervision of the board, testing his knowledge and ability to install or properly repair domestic systems, industrial systems, liquefied petroleum gas carburetion systems, bulk plant systems, standby plant systems, or other similar systems, and who holds an installer's certificate under this part. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensee: means a person licensed by the board to engage in the liquefied petroleum gas business. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Liquefied petroleum gas: means any material having a vapor pressure not exceeding that allowed for commercial propane and composed predominantly of the following hydrocarbons, either by themselves or as mixtures: propane, propylene, butane, normal butane, or isobutane, and butylene, including isomers. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- LPG: means liquefied petroleum gas. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Medical supervision: means under the direction of a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. See Utah Code 77-16b-102
- Motor vehicle: means every self-propelled vehicle and every vehicle propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except motorized wheel chairs and vehicles moved solely by human power. See Utah Code 53-1-102
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, estate, trust, or any other group or combination acting as a unit, and includes:
(a) a husband, wife, or both where joint benefits are derived from the operation of a business or activity subject to this part; and (b) any state, county, municipality, or other agency engaged in a business or activity subject to this part. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Prisoner: means :
(a) any person who is a pretrial detainee or who has been committed to the custody of a sheriff or the Utah Department of Corrections, and who is physically in a correctional facility; and (b) any person older than 18 years of age and younger than 21 years of age who has been committed to the custody of the Division of Juvenile Justice Services. See Utah Code 77-16b-102
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Red tag: means a card or device, red in color, containing printed notice of the condemnation of a liquefied petroleum gas system as a result of a violation of this part, or any rules or orders made by the board; the tag, when attached to the system, is official notice of condemnation and of the prohibition of further use, so long as the red tag remains lawfully affixed. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Signature: includes a name, mark, or sign written with the intent to authenticate an instrument or writing. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- System: means an assembly consisting of one or more containers with a means for conveying LPG from the container or containers to dispensing or consuming devices, either continuously or intermittently, and that incorporates components intended to achieve control of quantity, flow, and pressure or state, either liquid or vapor. See Utah Code 53-7-302
- Testify: means to make an oral statement under oath or affirmation. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Vehicle: means every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See Utah Code 53-1-102
- Vessel: when used with reference to shipping, includes a steamboat, canal boat, and every structure adapted to be navigated from place to place. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Correctional facility administrator: means :