Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 77 > Chapter 28a
- Armed forces: means the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Board: means the State Board of Regents established in Section 53B-1-103. See Utah Code 53B-1-101.5
- Career and technical education: means organized educational programs offering sequences of courses or skill sets directly related to preparing individuals for paid or unpaid employment in current or emerging occupations that generally do not require a baccalaureate or advanced degree. See Utah Code 53B-1-101.5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156