|§ 5166.||Certification by unauthorized person; penalty; validity of civil unions|
|§ 5167.||Evidence of civil union|
|§ 5168.||Correction of civil union certificate|
|§ 5169.||Delayed certificates of civil union|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 18 > Chapter 106 - Civil Union; Records and Licenses
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Cemetery: means any plot of ground used or intended to be used for the burial or disposition permanently of the remains of the human dead in a grave, a mausoleum, a columbarium, a vault, or other receptacle. See
- Columbarium: means a structure or room or other space in a building or structure of durable and lasting fireproof construction, containing niches, used or intended to be used, to contain cremated human remains. See
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Health or the Commissioner's designee. See
- Community mausoleum: means a structure or building of durable and lasting construction used or intended to be used for the permanent disposition of the remains of deceased persons in crypts or spaces, provided such crypts or spaces are available to or may be obtained by individuals or the public for a price in money or its equivalent. See
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Crypt: means the chamber in a mausoleum of sufficient size to contain the remains of deceased persons. See
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- Justice: when applied to a person, other than a Justice of the Supreme Court, shall mean a justice of the peace for the county for which he or she is elected or appointed. See
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Niche: means a recess in a columbarium used, or intended to be used for the permanent disposition of the cremated remains of one or more deceased persons. See
- Person: means any individual, company, corporation, association, partnership, the U. See
- Probate: Proving a will
- real estate: shall include lands, tenements, and hereditaments and all rights thereto and interests therein, and pews or slips in places of public worship shall be treated as real estate. See
- said: when used by way of reference to a person or thing shall apply to the same person or thing last mentioned. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Town: shall include city and wards or precincts therein; "selectboard members" and "board of civil authority" shall extend to and include the mayor and aldermen of cities; "trustees" shall extend to and include bailiffs of incorporated villages; and the laws applicable to the inhabitants and officers of towns shall be applicable to the inhabitants and similar officers of all municipal corporations. See
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Village: shall mean an incorporated village. See