|§ 541||Members of Board|
|§ 542||Acquisition, maintenance, and disposal of property for the National Guard use|
|§ 543||Location; plan of construction; contracts|
|§ 544||Issuance of warrants|
|§ 545||Use of armories; rules|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 20 > Chapter 27
- Affected employees: means employees who may be expected to experience an employment loss as a consequence of a proposed or actual business closing or mass layoff by their employer. See
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Business closing: means :
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Labor. See
- Department: means the Department of Labor. See
- Employer: means any person that employs:
- Employment loss: means the termination of employment that is the direct result of a business closing or mass layoff. See
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Mass layoff: means a permanent employment loss of at least 50 employees at one or more worksites in Vermont during any 90-day period. See
- Member: means a sworn employee assigned to the State Police. See
- Month: shall mean a calendar month and "year" shall mean a calendar year and be equivalent to the expression "year of our Lord. See
- Municipality: shall include a city, town, town school district, incorporated school or fire district or incorporated village, and all other governmental incorporated units. See
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- real estate: shall include lands, tenements, and hereditaments and all rights thereto and interests therein, and pews or slips in places of public worship shall be treated as real estate. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.