Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 3 Sec. 1201
- Commission: means the State Ethics Commission established under subchapter 3 of this chapter. See
- Executive officer: means :
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- State officer: means the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Treasurer, Secretary of State, Auditor of Accounts, or Attorney General. See
§ 1201. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Candidate" and "candidate’s committee" shall have the same meanings as in 17 V.S.A. § 2901.
(2) "Commission" means the State Ethics Commission established under subchapter 3 of this chapter.
(3) "Executive officer" means:
(A) a State officer; or
(B) under the Office of the Governor, an agency secretary or deputy or a department commissioner or deputy.
(4)(A) "Gift" means anything of value, tangible or intangible, that is bestowed for less than adequate consideration.
(B) "Gift" does not mean printed educational material such as books, reports, pamphlets, or periodicals.
(5) "Governmental conduct regulated by law" means conduct by an individual in regard to the operation of State government that is restricted or prohibited by law and includes:
(A) bribery pursuant to 13 V.S.A. § 1102;
(C) taking illegal fees pursuant to 13 V.S.A. § 3010;
(D) false claims against government pursuant to 13 V.S.A. § 3016;
(E) owning or being financially interested in an entity subject to a department’s supervision pursuant to section 204 of this title;
(F) failing to devote time to duties of office pursuant to section 205 of this title;
(G) engaging in retaliatory action due to a State employee’s involvement in a protected activity pursuant to chapter 27, subchapter 4A of this title;
(H) a former legislator or former Executive officer serving as a lobbyist pursuant to 2 V.S.A. § 266(b); and
(I) a former Executive officer serving as an advocate pursuant to section 267 of this title.
(6) "Lobbyist" shall have the same meaning as in 2 V.S.A. § 261.
(7) "Political committee" and "political party" shall have the same meanings as in 17 V.S.A. § 2901.
(8) "State officer" means the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Treasurer, Secretary of State, Auditor of Accounts, or Attorney General. (Added 2017, No. 79, § 7, eff. Jan. 1, 2018.)