A. A pharmacist who is authorized by the Board and acting in good faith, may sell and dispense radiopharmaceuticals pursuant to the order of a physician who is authorized by state or federal law to possess and administer radiopharmaceuticals for the treatment or diagnosis of disease.
Terms Used In Virginia Code 54.1-3410.1
- Administer: means the direct application of a controlled substance, whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or any other means, to the body of a patient or research subject by (i) a practitioner or by his authorized agent and under his direction or (ii) the patient or research subject at the direction and in the presence of the practitioner. See Virginia Code 54.1-3401
- Board: means the Board of Pharmacy. See Virginia Code 54.1-3401
- Dispense: means to deliver a drug to an ultimate user or research subject by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing and administering, packaging, labeling, or compounding necessary to prepare the substance for that delivery. See Virginia Code 54.1-3401
- Person: means both the plural and singular, as the case demands, and includes an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental agency, trust, or other institution or entity. See Virginia Code 54.1-3401
- Prescriber: means a practitioner who is authorized pursuant to §§ 861.