In this subchapter:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 101.71
- Land: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments and all rights thereto and interests therein. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- seal: includes the word "seal" the letters "L S" and a scroll or other device intended to represent a seal, if any is affixed in the proper place for a seal, as well as an impression of a seal on the instrument. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) “Closed construction” means any building, building component, assembly or system manufactured in such a manner that it cannot be inspected before installation at the building site without disassembly, damage or destruction.
(2) “Dwelling” means any building that contains one or more dwelling units. “Dwelling unit” means a structure or that part of a structure which is used or intended to be used as a home, residence or sleeping place by one person or by 2 or more persons maintaining a common household, to the exclusion of all others.
(3) “Insignia” means a device or seal approved by the department to certify compliance with this subchapter.
(4) “Installation” means the assembly of a modular home on-site and the process of affixing a modular home to land, a foundation, footing, or an existing building.
(5) “Manufacture” means the process of making, fabricating, constructing, forming or assembling a product from raw, unfinished, semifinished or finished materials.
(a) “Modular home” means any structure or component thereof which is intended for use as a dwelling and:
1. Is of closed construction and fabricated or assembled on-site or off-site in manufacturing facilities for installation, connection, or assembly and installation, at the building site; or
2. Is a building of open construction which is made or assembled in manufacturing facilities away from the building site for installation, connection, or assembly and installation, on the building site and for which certification is sought by the manufacturer.
(b) “Modular home” does not mean any manufactured home under s. 101.91 or any building of open construction which is not subject to par. (a) 2.
(7) “Open construction” means any building, building component, assembly or system manufactured in such a manner that it can be readily inspected at the building site without disassembly, damage or destruction.