(1) The amounts appropriated under s. 20.445 (1) (na) shall be used for employment security administration, including unemployment insurance, employment service and related statistical operations; for capital outlay to buy suitable parcels of land for buildings designed for employment security operations; and to finance the designing and construction of such buildings, and for such equipment, facilities, paving, landscaping and other improvements as are required for the proper use and operation of buildings occupied by the department for employment security administration.
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 108.162
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Commission: means the labor and industry review commission. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of workforce development. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Employment: includes an individual's service, wherever performed within the United States or Canada, if:
1. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006. Fund: means the unemployment reserve fund established in s. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133 Land: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments and all rights thereto and interests therein. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504 Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504 Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(2) The treasurer of the fund shall transfer the amounts appropriated under s. 20.445 (1) (na) from the federal administrative financing account under s. 20.445 (1) (n) only as and to the extent that they are currently needed for expenditures under this section. Any amount thus transferred which has ceased to be needed or available for such expenditures shall be restored to that account.
(3) The amount obligated under this section during any fiscal year may not exceed the aggregate of all amounts credited under s. 108.161 (1), including amounts credited under s. 108.161 (8), reduced by the amount obligated under s. 20.445 (1) (nb), (nd) and (ne) and further reduced at the time of any obligation by the sum of the moneys obligated and charged against any of the amounts thus credited.
(4) As to any building project to be financed under this section, the department shall secure advance assurance that the federal bureau of employment security will apply to that project, after its completion and occupancy, the bureau’s policy of gradually reimbursing the fund for the necessary capital costs of any suitable employment security building project thus financed by federal grants covering the amounts which would otherwise be payable during the reimbursement or amortization period for the rental of substantially equivalent office quarters.
(5) The governor, before approving any land purchase or transfer or building project to be financed under this section, shall consult with the building commission as to those cities and sites where early construction of a combined state office building is under active consideration with a view to determining where employment security building projects thus financed would be desirable.
(6) If the building commission with the approval of the governor determines as to any city or site that employment security offices should be part of a combined state office building project, or should be built on state-owned land or on land owned by a Wisconsin state public building corporation, the amounts appropriated unders. 20.445 (1) (na) shall be available to finance such offices or a proper employment security share of such combined project.
(7) Any amount appropriated under s. 20.445 (1) (na) which has not been obligated shall be available for employment security local office building projects, consistent with this section and ss. 108.161 and 108.20.