(1) To finance the administration of this chapter and to carry out its provisions and purposes there is established the “administrative account”. This account shall consist of all contributions and moneys not otherwise appropriated paid to or transferred by the department for the account under s. 108.19, and of all moneys received for the account by the state or by the department from any source, including all federal moneys allotted or apportioned to the state or the department for the employment service or for administration of this chapter, or for services, facilities or records supplied to any federal agency from the appropriation under s. 20.445 (1) (n). The department shall make to federal agencies such reports as are necessary in connection with or because of such federal aid.
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 108.20
- Administrative account: means the account established in s. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Benefits: means the money allowance payable to an employee as compensation for the employee's wage losses due to unemployment as provided in this chapter. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Department: means the department of workforce development. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Employment: includes an individual's service, wherever performed within the United States or Canada, if:
1. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
Fund: means the unemployment reserve fund established in s. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133 Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(2) All amounts received by the department for the administrative account shall be paid over to the secretary of administration and credited to that account for the administration of this chapter and the employment service, for the payment of benefits chargeable to the account under s. 108.07 (5) and for the purposes specified in sub. (2m).
(2m) From the moneys not appropriated under s. 20.445 (1) (gg) that are received by the administrative account as interest and penalties under this chapter, the department shall pay the benefits chargeable to the administrative account under s. 108.07 (5) and the interest payable to employers under s. 108.17 (3m), and may expend the remainder to pay interest due on advances to the unemployment reserve fund from the federal unemployment account under title XII of the social security act, 42 USC 1321 to 1324, to conduct research relating to the condition of the unemployment reserve fund under s. 108.14 (6), to administer the unemployment insurance program and federal or state unemployment insurance programs authorized by the governor under s. 16.54, to assist the department of justice in the enforcement of this chapter, to make payments to satisfy a federal audit exception concerning a payment from the fund or any federal aid disallowance involving the unemployment insurance program, or to make payments to the fund if such action is necessary to obtain a lower interest rate or deferral of interest payments on advances from the federal unemployment account under title XII of the social security act, except that any interest earned pending disbursement of federal employment security grants under s. 20.445 (1) (n) shall be credited to the general fund.
(3) There shall be included in the moneys governed by sub. (2m) any amounts collected by the department under ss. 108.04 (11) (c) and (cm) and 108.22 (1) (a), (ac), (ad), and (af) as tardy filing fees, forfeitures, interest on delinquent payments, or other penalties.
(4) Any moneys transferred to the administrative account from the federal administrative financing account pursuant to s. 108.161 shall be expended or restored to that account in accordance with s. 108.161.