Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 137.15
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols or figures. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) A record or signature may not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form.
(2) A contract may not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because an electronic record was used in its formation.
(3) If a law requires a record to be in writing, an electronic record satisfies that requirement in that law.
(4) If a law requires a signature, an electronic signature satisfies that requirement in that law.