(1) No person may engage in the practice of pharmacy or use the title “pharmacist” or sell, give away or barter drugs unless the person is licensed as a pharmacist by the board. This subsection does not apply to:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 450.03
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Registered nurse: includes a registered nurse who holds a multistate license, as defined in s. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
(a) The offer to sell or sale of contraceptive articles, as defined under s. 450.155 (1) (a), by a registered nurse licensed under s. 441.06.
(b) The sale of any nonprescription drug product, in an original unbroken package, which complies with 21 USC 301 to 392.
(d) The delivery of complimentary samples of drug products or devices to a practitioner by a manufacturer or its agent acting in the usual course of business.
(e) Any person lawfully practicing within the scope of a license, permit, registration, certificate, or certification granted to provide home medical oxygen under s. 450.076, to practice professional or practical nursing or nurse-midwifery under ch. 441, to practice dentistry or dental hygiene under ch. 447, to practice medicine and surgery under ch. 448, to practice optometry under ch. 449 or to practice veterinary medicine under ch. 89, or as otherwise provided by statute.
450.03 Note NOTE: Par. (e) is shown as affected by 2015 Wis. Acts 3 and 55 and as merged by the legislative reference bureau under s. 13.92 (2) (i).
(f) A person who has successfully completed his or her second year in, and is enrolled at, an accredited school of pharmacy and whose practice of pharmacy is limited to performing duties under the direct supervision of a person licensed as a pharmacist by the board.
(g) A person who has applied for a license under s. 450.05 whose practice of pharmacy is limited to performing duties under the direct supervision of a person licensed as a pharmacist by the board and during the period before which the board takes final action on the person’s application.
(h) The provision of services by a health care provider under s. 257.03.
(2) Except as provided in s. 450.10, the board shall issue a license as a pharmacist to any person who does all of the following:
(a) Has received a professional degree from a pharmacy program approved by the board.
(b) Has completed an internship in the practice of pharmacy or has practical experience acquired in another state that is comparable to that included in an internship and that is approved and verified by the board or by the agency that is the equivalent of the board in the state in which the practical experience was acquired.
(c) Passes the examination under s. 450.04.
(d) Pays the fee specified in s. 440.05 (1).