Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 704.22
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols or figures. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) A party to a residential tenancy in this state who is not a resident of this state shall designate an agent to accept service of process in this state for an action involving the tenancy. The agent shall be a resident of this state or a corporation authorized to do business in this state. If a party is a corporation, the agent is the corporation’s registered agent.
(2) Designation of an agent under sub. (1) shall be in writing and filed with the department of financial institutions.