Home  > For Everyone  > Family Law  > Guardianships  > Florida Statutes 744.3201 - Petition to determine incapacity 
Search the Florida Statutes

Florida Statutes 744.3201 - Petition to determine incapacity

Florida Statutes > Chapter 744 > Part V > 744.3201

Current as of: 2012
   (1) A petition to determine incapacity of a person may be executed by an adult person.
   (2) The petition must be verified and must:
   (a) State the name, age, and present address of the petitioner and his or her relationship to the alleged incapacitated person;
   (b) State the name, age, county of residence, and present address of the alleged incapacitated person;
   (c) Specify the primary language spoken by the alleged incapacitated person, if known;
   (d) Allege that the petitioner believes the alleged incapacitated person to be incapacitated and specify the factual information on which such belief is based and the names and addresses of all persons known to the petitioner who have knowledge of such facts through personal observations;
   (e) State the name and address of the alleged incapacitated person's attending or family physician, if known;
   (f) State which rights enumerated in s. 744.3215 the alleged incapacitated person is incapable of exercising, to the best of petitioner's knowledge. If the petitioner has insufficient experience to make such judgments, the petition must so state; and
   (g) State the names, relationships, and addresses of the next of kin of the alleged incapacitated person, so far as are known, specifying the dates of birth of any who are minors.
   (3) A copy of any petition for appointment of guardian or emergency temporary guardian, if applicable, shall be filed with the petition to determine incapacity.
previous sectionPart V Table of ContentsFlorida Statutes 744.3215 - Rights of persons determined incapacitated


Questions & Answers: Guardianships

My dad is 92 and my mother is 84. She is in a home and is mentally incompetent. We have no POA or Conservator or Guardian for her. What will happen to their very minimal estate ...
We are the guardians and conservators of our 10 yr old UT niece. We are planing to adopt her, as written on her single mother's will before passing. We are moving to another state ...
My sister is missing and runs off on a fairly regular basis, my mom has been keeping one of her children for many years on and off and now needs to register her for school in my si...
where is a link to the forms????...
I am my moms power of attorney and I was her live in caregiver until she went into a nursing home. I still live in my moms house. Can the person who is power of moms estate show up...
Where is a link to the forms?...

Florida Laws: Guardianships

Florida Statutes > Chapter 744 - Guardianship
Florida Regulations Chapter 58M-2 - Guardianship
Comments (0)add comment

Post a comment or question below.
smaller | bigger

Email  Email Print  Print   Digg

Laura A. Lipinski, Esq.
Twenty years of experience providing estate and tax planning services to clients in the western suburbs of Chicago. Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorney.

Western Springs, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
Practice Areas: Wills and Estates, Real Estate, Guardianships, Premarital Agreements