Current as of: 2010
As used in this act, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commission" means the Idaho apple commission.
(2) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing apples, a tenant personally engaged in growing apples, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative organization, trust, sharecropper, or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements, that grow apples.
(3) "Dealer" means any person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business units and devices who first handles, packs, ships, buys or sells apples, or who acts as sales or purchasing agent, broker or factor of apples.
(4) "Ship" means to load apples into any mode of conveyance for transport in the channels of trade or to market.
(5) "Processor" and "Processing Plant" means every person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business units and devices to whom and every place to which apples are delivered for drying, freezing, dehydrating, canning, pressing, powdering, extracting, cooking and for use in producing a product or manufacturing a manufactured article.
(6) "District No. 1" shall consist of the following counties: Canyon, Ada, Owyhee, Elmore, Camas, Blaine, Gooding, Lincoln, Minidoka, Jerome, Twin Falls, Cassia, Power, Oneida, Bannock, Franklin, Bear Lake, Caribou, Bonneville, Madison, Teton, Jefferson, Fremont, Butte, Clark and Bingham.
(7) "District No. 2" shall consist of the following counties: Gem, Boise, Valley, Custer and Lemhi.
(8) "District No. 3" shall consist of the following counties: Payette, Washington, Adams, Idaho, Lewis, Nez Perce, Clearwater, Latah, Benewah, Shoshone, Kootenai, Bonner and Boundary.
(9) "Person" means any partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business units or devices.
U.S. Code Provisions: Apples