Current as of: 2009
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Area" means apiary, beeyard, colony, organized or otherwise, or any other place where bees are found to colonize.
(2) "Commission" means the South Carolina State Crop Pest Commission, as designated by the board of trustees of Clemson University or an officer, employee, or designee of the commission to whom authority has been given by the commission.
(3) "Director" means the Director of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University.
(4) "Disease" means contagious and infectious disease, including, but not limited to, American Foulbrood, European Foulbrood, Isle of Wight disease, or any pests and parasites, including, but not limited to, Varroa Mite, Tracheal mite, Africanized bee, etc.
(5) "Division" means the Division of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University, and any of its employees, agents, and officials.
(6) "Fixture" means new or used equipment, a product, or byproduct used in beekeeping including, but not limited to, honey, hives, combs, supers, frames, and other appliances.
Questions & Answers: Bees and HoneySee also:
U.S. Code Provisions: Bees and Honey