28 CFR PART 804 – ACCEPTANCE OF GIFTS
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 804.2||Delegation of authority|
|§ 804.4||Submission and approval|
|§ 804.5||Audit and public inspection|
Terms Used In 28 CFR PART 804 - ACCEPTANCE OF GIFTS
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Contingent beneficiary: Receiver of property or benefits if the first named beneficiary fails to receive any or all of the property or benefits in question before his (her) death.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act: Prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or because an applicant receives income from a public assistance program. Source: OCC
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Intangible property: Property that has no intrinsic value, but is merely the evidence of value such as stock certificates, bonds, and promissory notes.
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC