(a) Enforcement by Federal Trade Commission
(1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this subchapter, sections 69a, 69d, and 69h(b) of this title shall be enforced by the Federal Trade Commission under rules, regulations, and procedure provided for in the Federal Trade Commission Act [15 U.S.C. 41 et seq.].
Terms Used In 15 USC 69f
- Commission: means the Federal Trade Commission. See 15 USC 69
- Federal Trade Commission Act: means the Act entitled "An Act to create a Federal Trade Commission, to define its powers and duties, and for other purposes" approved September 26, 1914, as amended [15 U. See 15 USC 69
- fur: means any animal skin or part thereof with hair, fleece, or fur fibers attached thereto, either in its raw or processed state, but shall not include such skins as are to be converted into leather or which in processing shall have the hair, fleece, or fur fiber completely removed. See 15 USC 69
- fur product: means any article of wearing apparel made in whole or in part of fur or used fur. See 15 USC 69
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, business trust, or any organized group of any of the foregoing. See 15 USC 69
- United States: means the several States, the District of Columbia, and the Territories and possessions of the United States. See 15 USC 69
(2) The Commission is authorized and directed to prevent any person from violating the provisions of sections 69a, 69d, and 69h(b) of this title in the same manner, by the same means, and with the same jurisdiction, powers, and duties as though all applicable terms and provisions of the Federal Trade Commission Act [15 U.S.C. 41 et seq.] were incorporated into and made a part of this subchapter; and any such person violating any provision of section 69a, 69d, or 69h(b) of this title shall be subject to the penalties and entitled to the privileges and immunities provided in said Federal Trade Commission Act as though the applicable terms and provisions of the said Act were incorporated into and made a part of this subchapter.
(b) Rules and regulations for disclosure of information
The Commission is authorized and directed to prescribe rules and regulations governing the manner and form of disclosing information required by this subchapter, and such further rules and regulations as may be necessary and proper for purposes of administration and enforcement of this subchapter.
(c) Inspection, analysis, tests for fur products; cooperation with other governmental agencies
The Commission is authorized (1) to cause inspections, analyses, tests, and examinations to be made of any fur product or fur subject to this subchapter; and (2) to cooperate, on matters related to the purposes of this subchapter, with any department or agency of the Government; with any State, Territory, or possession, or with the District of Columbia; or with any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or with any person.
(d) Maintenance of records by manufacturer or dealer
(1) Every manufacturer or dealer in fur products or furs shall maintain proper records showing the information required by this subchapter with respect to all fur products or furs handled by him, and shall preserve such records for at least three years.
(2) The neglect or refusal to maintain and preserve such records is unlawful, and any such manufacturer or dealer who neglects or refuses to maintain and preserve such records shall forfeit to the United States the sum of $100 for each day of such failure which shall accrue to the United States and be recoverable by a civil action.