New York Laws > General Business > Article 29-BB – Prohibited Service Offer Practices
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Business > Article 29-BB - Prohibited Service Offer Practices
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.