All textile fiber products imported into the United States shall be stamped, tagged, labeled, or otherwise identified in accordance with the provisions of section 70b of this title, and all invoices of such products required pursuant to section 1484 of title 19, shall set forth, in addition to the matter therein specified, the information with respect to said products required under the provisions of section 70b(b) of this title, which information shall be in the invoices prior to their certification, if such certification is required pursuant to section 1484 of title 19. The falsification of, or failure to set forth the required information in such invoices, or the falsification or perjury of the consignee’s declaration provided for in section 1485 of title 19, insofar as it relates to such information, is unlawful, and shall be an unfair method of competition, and an unfair and deceptive act or practice, in commerce under the Federal Trade Commission Act [15 U.S.C. 41 et seq.]; and any person who falsifies, or perjures the consignee’s declaration insofar as it relates to such information, may thenceforth be prohibited by the Commission from importing, or participating in the importation of, any textile fiber product into the United States except upon filing bond with the Secretary of the Treasury in a sum double the value of said products and any duty thereon, conditioned upon compliance with the provisions of this subchapter. A verified statement from the manufacturer or producer of such products showing their fiber content as required under the provisions of this subchapter may be required under regulation prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury.
Terms Used In 15 USC 70g
- commerce: means commerce among the several States or with foreign nations, or in any Territory of the United States or in the District of Columbia, or between any such Territory and another, or between any such Territory and any State or foreign nation or between the District of Columbia and any State or Territory or foreign nation. See 15 USC 70
- Commission: means the Federal Trade Commission. See 15 USC 70
- person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association or any other form of business enterprise. See 15 USC 70
- textile fiber: means a unit of matter which is capable of being spun into a yarn or made into a fabric by bonding or by interlacing in a variety of methods including weaving, knitting, braiding, felting, twisting, or webbing, and which is the basic structural element of textile products. See 15 USC 70
- textile fiber product: means --
(1) any fiber, whether in the finished or unfinished state, used or intended for use in household textile articles. See 15 USC 70