(a) Acquisition, retention, and disposition of property; research and education programs
For the purpose of carrying out sections 80k and 80l of this title, the Board may–
Terms Used In 20 USC 80m
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
(1) purchase, accept, borrow, or otherwise acquire additional works of art or any other real or personal property for the Museum;
(2) preserve, maintain, restore, display, loan, transfer, store, or otherwise hold any property of whatsoever nature acquired pursuant to section 80k of this title or paragraph (1) of this subsection;
(3) conduct programs of research and education; and
(4) subject to any limitations otherwise expressly provided by law, and, in the case of any gift, subject to any applicable restrictions under the terms of such gift, sell, exchange, or otherwise dispose of any property of whatsoever nature acquired pursuant to the provisions of this subchapter: Provided, That the proceeds from the sale of any property acquired pursuant to section 80k of this title shall be designated for the benefit of the Museum.
(b) Recommendations of Commission
In carrying out the purposes of this subchapter, the Board shall consider the recommendations of the Commission established pursuant to section 80n of this title.