As used in this chapter–
Terms Used In 50 USC 2204
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 1 USC 5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- enemy: means any country, government, group, or person that has been engaged in hostilities, whether or not lawfully authorized, with the United States. See 50 USC 2204
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means --
(A) any natural person. See 50 USC 2204
(1) the term “appropriate congressional committees” means the Committee on Foreign Relations of the Senate and the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the House of Representatives, or, where required by law for certain reporting purposes, the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate and the Select 1 Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives;
(2) the term “enemy” means any country, government, group, or person that has been engaged in hostilities, whether or not lawfully authorized, with the United States;
(3) the term “person” means–
(A) any natural person;
(B) any corporation, partnership, or other legal entity; and
(C) any organization, association, or group; and
(4) the term “spoils of war” means enemy movable property lawfully captured, seized, confiscated, or found which has become United States property in accordance with the laws of war.