|§ 3101||Congressional declaration of purpose|
|§ 3104||Advance acquisition of land for public purposes|
|§ 3105||Powers and duties of Secretary|
|§ 3107||Labor standards|
|§ 3108||Authorization of appropriations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 37
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 1 USC 5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- local public bodies and agencies: includes public corporate bodies or political subdivisions. See 42 USC 3106
- Public debt: Cumulative amounts borrowed by the Treasury Department or the Federal Financing Bank from the public or from another fund or account. The public debt does not include agency debt (amounts borrowed by other agencies of the Federal Government). The total public debt is subject to a statutory limit.
- State: means the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the territories and possessions of the United States. See 42 USC 3106
- subscription: includes a mark when the person making the same intended it as such. See 1 USC 1
- writing: includes printing and typewriting and reproductions of visual symbols by photographing, multigraphing, mimeographing, manifolding, or otherwise. See 1 USC 1