The property and income of the authority, all bonds issued by the authority, the income from such bonds or from any other sources, the interest and other profits from such bonds enuring to and received by the holders thereof, conveyances by and to the authority and leases, mortgages and deeds of trust by and to the authority shall be exempt from all taxation in the State of Alabama. The authority shall not be obligated to pay or allow the payment of any fees, taxes or costs to the Secretary of State in connection with its incorporation or with any amendment to its certificate of incorporation or otherwise or to any judge of probate of any county in connection with the recording by it of any document or otherwise, the authority being hereby exempted from the payment of any such fees, taxes and costs. No license or excise tax may be imposed by any authority with respect to the privilege of engaging in any of the activities in this chapter.
(Acts 1979, No. 79-322, p. 475, §9.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 16-18A-9
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- authority: The Private Colleges and Universities Facilities Authority created by this chapter and any successor or successors thereto. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04
- costs: As applied to a project or any portion thereof financed under the provisions of this chapter, all or any part of the cost of construction, acquisition, alteration, enlargement, reconstruction and remodeling of a project including all lands, structures, real or personal property, rights, rights-of-way, franchises, easements, permits, approvals, licenses and certificates and the securing of such permits, approvals, licenses and certificates, and interests acquired or used for or in connection with a project, the cost of demolishing or removing any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which such buildings or structures may be moved, the cost of all machinery and equipment, financing charges, underwriters' commissions or discounts, interest prior to, during and for a period of six months following estimated completion of such construction and acquisition, provisions for reserves for principal and interest and for extensions, enlargements, additions and improvements, the cost of architectural, engineering, financial and legal services, plans, specifications, studies, surveys, estimates of cost and revenues, administrative expenses, expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing the project and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the construction and acquisition of the project, the financing of such construction and acquisition and the placing of the project in operation. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: Any real, personal or mixed property, or any interest therein, including, without limitation, any real estate, appurtenances, buildings, easements, equipment, furnishings, furniture, improvements, machinery, rights-of-way and structures, or any interest therein. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608