For the purposes of this article, the following words shall have the following meanings:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 16-60-350
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) CAREER-TECHNICAL DUAL ENROLLMENT PROGRAM. A program that allows eligible high school students to enroll in college-level career technical education courses, as designed by the Chancellor of the Department of Postsecondary Education, that are offered at Alabama Community College System institutions and allows such enrolled students to concurrently earn high school and college credit in courses toward a certificate or degree, or both, and which prepares them to enter the workforce in high skill, high wage, or high demand occupations.
(2) CONTRIBUTION. A donation of cash.
(3) ELIGIBLE STUDENT. A high school student who meets the eligibility requirements and standards as prescribed by State Board of Education policy to enroll for Career-Technical Dual Enrollment Program courses.
(4) QUALIFYING EDUCATIONAL EXPENSES. Tuition, fees, books, materials, and supplies required of or on behalf of a student by the Alabama Community College System institution or institutions for participation in a Career-Technical Dual Enrollment Program.
(5) TAXPAYER. An individual taxpayer, a married couple filing a joint tax return, a limited liability company, a corporation, or any other business entity lawfully organized and created under the laws of this state or other state.