|§ 16-60-351||Credit for qualifying education expenses|
|§ 16-60-354||Administration of Career-Technical Dual Enrollment Program; allocation of funds|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 60 > Article 17
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- authority: The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- board: The board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- bonds: The bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- director: A member of the board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- FLOOD CONTROL PROJECT: The project for the construction and maintenance of improvements in the channels of tributary streams of the Tombigbee River in order to prevent or abate the flooding of such streams, as authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1958, 72 Statutes at Large 297, 85th Congress, 2nd Session (1958), in accordance with House Document No. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation organized under the laws of Alabama or of another state, a municipality, a county, or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county or municipality, of one or more of the several states, or of the United States. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: In the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, such term means the State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- waterway: A navigable waterway, utilizing the channel of the Tombigbee River, between Demopolis, Alabama and the Tennessee River, as authorized by the River and Harbor Act of 1946, 60 Statutes at Large 634, 79th Congress, 2nd Session (1946), in accordance with House Document No. See Alabama Code 33-17-1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1