Alabama Code 26-19B-5. Duties of Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency
(a) The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency shall do all of the following:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 26-19B-5
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(1) Adopt rules necessary to ensure the proper implementation of the emergency missing child alert system, including procedures for the activation and deactivation of the alert system.
(2) Prescribe forms for use by local law enforcement agencies for activating the alert system and transmitting information to the Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency regarding a missing child.
(3) Research enhanced technological methods for the expeditious public notification of a missing child, including electronic and web-based technologies and rapid telephone systems that alert residents in a targeted area, and implement those technological methods if feasible.
(b) The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency or a local law enforcement agency may recruit public and commercial television, radio, cable, print or electronic media, other media, private commercial entities, state or local governmental entities, the public, and other appropriate persons to assist in developing and implementing the alert system.
(c) The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency may enter into agreements with participants in the alert system to provide necessary support for the alert system.