Alabama Code > Title 26 > Chapter 19B – Hiawayi Robinson Emergency Missing Child Alert System
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 26 > Chapter 19B - Hiawayi Robinson Emergency Missing Child Alert System
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.