|§ 13A-10-82||Misuse of confidential information|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 13A > Chapter 10 > Article 4
- authority: The Auburn Downtown Redevelopment Authority, a public corporation organized pursuant to this part. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- board: The board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- bonds: Bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- city: The City of Auburn, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- director: A member of the board of the authority. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AREA: The central business district of the city as described in subsection (b) of Section 45-41A-10. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- GOVERNING BODY: With respect to the city, its city council, board of commissioners, or other like governing body. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- Impeachment: (1) The process of calling something into question, as in "impeaching the testimony of a witness." (2) The constitutional process whereby the House of Representatives may "impeach" (accuse of misconduct) high officers of the federal government for trial in the Senate.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, includes a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county, or an agency, department, or instrumentality of the state, or of a county or municipality. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-41A-10.01
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1