|§ 13A-10-171||Elements of offense; exceptions|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 13A > Chapter 10 > Article 8
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- commissioner: The Commissioner of Insurance. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- HEALTH CARE SERVICES: Any services included in the furnishing to any individual of medical or dental care, or hospitalization or incident to the furnishing of such care or hospitalization, as well as the furnishing to any person of any and all other services for the purpose of preventing, alleviating, curing, or healing human illness, injury, or physical disability. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION: Any person that undertakes to provide or arrange for basic health care services through an organized system which combines the delivery and financing of health care to enrollees. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- insurer: Every insurer authorized in this state to issue contracts of accident and sickness insurance. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- person: Any natural or artificial person including, but not limited to, individuals, partnerships, associations, trusts, or corporations. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- provider: Any physician, hospital, or other person which is licensed or otherwise authorized in this state to furnish health care services. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- STATE HEALTH OFFICER: The executive officer of the State Department of Public Health. See Alabama Code 45-43-244.10
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.