Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 35
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- municipality: means a political subdivision incorporated under the laws of the state that is a home rule or general law city, a home rule or general law borough, or a unified municipality. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- peace officer: means
(A) an officer of the state troopers. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- subscription: includes the mark of a person who cannot write, with the name of that person written near the mark by a witness who writes the witness?s own name near the name of the person who cannot write. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.