A. A person commits trafficking in the identity of another person or entity if the person knowingly sells, transfers or transmits any personal identifying information or entity identifying information of another person or entity, including a real or fictitious person or entity, without the consent of the other person or entity for any unlawful purpose or to cause loss to the person or entity whether or not the other person or entity actually suffers any economic loss, or allowing another person to obtain or continue employment.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2010
- Economic loss: means any loss incurred by a person as a result of the commission of an offense. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Entity identifying information: includes , if the entity is a person other than a human being, any written document or electronic data that does or purports to provide information concerning the entity's name, address, telephone number, employer identification number, account number or electronic serial number, the identifying number of the entity's depository account or any other information or data that is unique to, assigned to or belongs to the entity and that is intended to be used to access services, funds or benefits of any kind that the entity owns or to which the entity is entitled. See Arizona Laws 13-2001
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Personal identifying information: means any written document or electronic data that does or purports to provide information concerning a name, signature, electronic identifier or screen name, electronic mail signature, address or account, biometric identifier, driver or professional license number, access device, residence or mailing address, telephone number, employer, student or military identification number, social security number, tax identification number, employment information, citizenship status or alien identification number, personal identification number, photograph, birth date, savings, checking or other financial account number, credit card, charge card or debit card number, mother's maiden name, fingerprint or retinal image, the image of an iris or deoxyribonucleic acid or genetic information. See Arizona Laws 13-2001
- Unlawful: means contrary to law or, where the context so requires, not permitted by law. See Arizona Laws 13-105
B. This section does not apply to a violation of section 4-241 by a person who is under twenty-one years of age.
C. Trafficking in the identity of another person or entity is a class 2 felony.