A. A person commits deceptive business practices if in the course of engaging in a business, occupation or profession such person recklessly:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2202
- Adulterated: means varying from the standard of composition or quality prescribed by statute or administrative regulation or, if none, as set by established commercial usage. See Arizona Laws 13-2201
- Misdemeanor: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment other than to the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Mislabeled: means :
(a) Varying from the standard of truth or disclosure in labeling prescribed by statute or administrative regulation or, if none, as set by established commercial usage; or
(b) Represented as being another person's product, though otherwise labeled accurately as to quality and quantity. See Arizona Laws 13-2201
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Recklessly: means , with respect to a result or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware of and consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the result will occur or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 13-105
1. Uses or possesses for use a false weight or measure or any other device for falsely determining or recording any quality or quantity; or
2. Sells, offers or exposes for sale or delivers less than the represented quantity of any commodity or service; or
3. Takes or attempts to take more than the represented quantity of any goods or service when as buyer such person furnishes the weight or measure; or
4. Sells, offers or exposes for sale adulterated goods or services; or
5. Sells, offers or exposes for sale mislabeled goods or services.
B. Deceptive business practices is a class 1 misdemeanor.