A. A person commits loitering if such person intentionally:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2905
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Misdemeanor: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment other than to the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Public: means affecting or likely to affect a substantial group of persons. See Arizona Laws 13-2901
1. Is present in a public place and in an offensive manner or in a manner likely to disturb the public peace solicits another person to engage in any sexual offense.
2. Is present in a transportation facility and after a reasonable request to cease or unless specifically authorized to do so solicits or engages in any business, trade or commercial transactions involving the sale of merchandise or services.
3. Is present in a public place, unless specifically authorized by law, to gamble with any cards, dice or other similar gambling devices.
4. Is present in or about a school, college or university building or grounds after a reasonable request to leave and either does not have any reason or relationship involving custody of or responsibility for a pupil or student or any other specific legitimate reason for being there or does not have written permission to be there from anyone authorized to grant permission.
5. Except as provided in section 13-3969, subsection A, solicits bail bond business inside a court building or immediately around or near the entrance of a county or city jail. For the purposes of this paragraph, "solicit" includes handing out business cards or any printed material or displaying any electronic devices related to bail bonds, verbally asking a person if the person needs a bail bond and recruiting another person to solicit bail bond business.
B. Loitering under subsection A, paragraph 4 is a class 1 misdemeanor. Loitering under subsection A, paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 5 is a class 3 misdemeanor.